Anishinaabe name for Kahshe Lake is Gaa-biitigong, which means "where the water flows in"
Kahshe is an absolutely gorgeous lake located in south Muskoka. Its granite outcroppings and windswept pines give it a rugged beauty. Most of the cottages are water access with two marinas serving the waterway. It's rocky shoals make it both beautiful and challenging from a boating perspective. There's also an active ratepayers association that monitors water quality, shoreline development & enviromental issues.
Search current listings including cottage, home & vacant waterfront property on this popular lake near Gravenhurst, Muskoka. Includes water access and drive-to properties. These M.L.S.® real estate listings are supplied through the Canadian Real Estate Association & are provided by participating brokers.
Please call us for more information or to view these properties at 705.783.7718.
Quick Lake Facts
- Mid sized lake @ 828 hectares with 60kms. of shoreline.
- Under 2 hours from the G.T.A.
- water level is controlled by MNR owned and operated dam at west end of lake; flows and levels are governed by Kahshe Lake operating plan.
- Rocky,rugged Canadian shield landscape
- Cottage prices generally run between $800,000 and $2,000,000++
- Many of the cottages are water access
Real Estate Snapshot
2019 - 10 listings sold $352,000 - $2,775,000 Median sale price - $693,500
2020 - 21 listings sold $389,000 - $3,200,000 Median sale price - $700,000
2021 - 16 listings sold $260,000 - $5,350,000 Median sale price - $1,068,000
2022 - 8 listings sold $805,000 - $ 2,250,180 Median sale price - $1,125,000