Lake Joseph Real Estate
The classic Muskoka Lake, Joseph is one of the most sought cottage areas in Ontario. Located primarily in Seguin township, its shores include the villages of Port Carling, Port Sandfield, Minett & Mactier. Connected to Lake Rosseau & Lake Muskoka, it offers some of the best boating in Ontario & is under 2 hours from Toronto. Buying a cottage on Joe is not for the faint of heart, it's an exceptional lake and commands a premium price. Just how many cottages are on Lake Joseph? I've heard several numbers but around 1400 - 1600 seems to be reasonable.
Search below for Lake Joseph waterfront real estate for sale. Includes current listings for cottages, lake homes & vacant lakefront properties. Updated daily, these MLS® listings are supplied through the Canadian Real Estate Association & are provided by participating brokers. Includes Little Lake Joseph in Seguin. If these properties don't tick off all the boxes we can send automatic listings that may meet your criteria.
Questions? Call John Fincham for more information or to view any of these properties at 705 783 7718.
Current Lake Joseph Listings
Quick Lake Joe Facts
- One of Muskoka's largest lakes @ 5460 square hectares & some of the best boating in Ontario.
- Many water access cottages on more than 80 beautiful islands via one of the lakes marinas including The Cove, Port Sandfield & Gordon Bay.
- 140 kms. of waterfront, generally fully developed with a further 91 kms. of island shoreline. Quite deep with a maximum depth of 91 meters.
- Road-access cottages generally range $1,500,00 to $8,000,000++. Very few good building lots left available.
- Home of the Lake Joe Club , Rocky Crest Resort and The Sherwood Inn
- Public access via public launches in Cox Bay, Foot’s Bay & several marinas.
Lake Joseph Historical Average Cottage Prices 2010-Present
Real Estate Snapshot
2019 | 24 listings sold $820,000 - $13,900,000 | Median Sale Price - $2,387,000
2020 | 33 listings sold $305,000- $11,950,000 | Median Sale Price - $2,600,000
2021 | 21 listings sold $1,000,000 - $11,995,000 | Median Sale Price- $2,725,000
2022 | 12 listings sold $1,749,150- $17,250,000 | Median Sale Price - $2,850,000
* Freehold properties - Includes cottages, year round homes & vacant lots. Source - The Lakelands Association of Realtors®