Just 12 miles from Parry Sound, Manitouwabing (Originally Manito wab eh ) boasts some of the most beautiful luxury homes & cottages in the area. Originally 3 smaller lakes, the Hurdville dam was built a century ago creating the waterway’s present 3000 acre form. This created a "finger lake" with many bays and an extensive shoreline over 100 kms. long. It's also known for great walleye fishing! There is a very active cottagers association with an emphasis on "protecting the ecological resources of the lake". They regularly monitor the health of the lake and conduct tests for blue green algae which are published on their website.
Search here for lakefront cottage, home & vacant waterfront on this popular lake. Find listing details, photos and location maps. Includes properties on Tait’s Island & the Hurdville area. These MLS® property listings are supplied through the Canadian Real Estate Association and are provided by participating brokers.
Real Estate Questions? Call or text John directly @ 705 783 7718
Latest Lake Manitouwabing Cottage Listings
Lake Manitouwabing Average Waterfront Real Estate Prices
Lake Manitouwabing Waterfront Real Estate Sales Volumes
Quick Lake Facts
- .Large "Finger Lake" @ over 1100 square kms & 117 kms. of shoreline with many shallow bays.
- Dam controlled - Owned and operated by Parry Sound Power Gen. in accordance with Seguin River Water Management Plan.
- Proximity to Parry Sound, access to The Ridge at Manitou and miles of great boating boost demand.
- Year round cottages generally run $1,200,00-$3,000,000++ with very few good vacant waterfront building lots available.
- Boat to McKellar public docks for shopping, library & popular farmer's market.
Real Estate Snapsot
2019 - 46 properties sold $85,000 - $1,575,000 | Median sale $500,000
2020 - 42 properties sold $82,000 - $2,900,000 | Median sale $587,500
2021 - 36 properties sold $41,000 - $2,345,000 | Median sale $669,000
2022 - 11 properties sold $340,000 - $2,600,000 | Median sale $1,111,000
*Freehold Properties ( no leased land, time-shares, rentals etc.)