Otter Lake is located just outside of Parry Sound between Lake Joseph and Georgian Bay. The crystal-clear waters and stunning sunsets make it the perfect location for swimming, fishing, boating, and other water activities. The lake is known for its excellent fishing, with anglers coming from all over to catch smallmouth bass, northern pike, and walleye. It's also very close to hiking trails and Oastler Lake park making it a haven for nature enthusiasts.
Big & Little Otter lakes are considered medium-sized. Combined they have 38 kms of shoreline with medium cottage density and just over 500 cottages. Both the CNR & CP rail lines go past Otter, one by the narrows and one at the north end. The “Long Arm” is a long bay to the west & “Little Long Arm” protrudes to the east. about 2 hours drive from Toronto.
Quick Lake Facts
- Originally named Nis-ge-gu-bing
- Large lake @ over 500 hectares with 38 kms of shoreline.
- water level is maintained by an MNR owned and operated dam.
- 5% of the shoreline is Crown land
- Year round cottages generally $900,000-$1,600,000++
Real Estate Snapshot
2019 - 6 Sold $322,000 - $1,617,500 | Median $735,000
2020 - 13 Sold $292,000 - $1,075,000 | Median $542,425
2021 - 16 Sold $530,000 - $1,795,000 | Median $1,109,000
2022 - 10 Sold $322,000 - $1617,500 | Median $918,750
* Freehold properties - The Lakelands Association of Realtors®